Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Jesus in Everyday Life

Matthew 8 is a reminder to me of how simple Jesus wanted faith to be. He didn't need a plethora of rules or regulations to help people. He merely brought what was true about God into the world in which He was living. Jesus showed us how unencumbered living by faith really could be. Sometimes I make it much more difficult. A common factor when Jesus does touch people seems to be a willingness of the other person to participate. I see action words like "I am willing", "just say the word" or "getting up and serving". Even when encountering the demonic, Jesus simply said "go!". I'm praying for a less encumbered faith; a faith that is much more simple. I wonder if faith is much more about getting my thoughts in line with Jesus' thoughts. Along with doing what He does, I want to think like He things as well.

No comments: